Our quarterly update on the Australian ETF market as at October 2016.
- ASX-listed ETFs have added $10 billion in new funds under management since October 2014, representing 31% p.a. growth.
- Quarterly growth of ETF funds under management was 7%, from $22,404M in June 2016 to $23,971M by the end of September 2016.
- After some volatility in the first half of September, the Australian share-market stabilised near a 12 month high.
- Gold and small Australian shares have performed best over the last year with oil, ‘Bear’ and some currency ETFs performing worst.
- Fixed income ETFs continued to attract new funds at the fastest rate of all sectors as more investors and Self Managed Super Funds (SMSFs) add fixed interest to their portfolios to balance equity risk.