Our update on the Australian ETF market as at June 2016.
- ASX listed ETFs grew by $1.35 billion for the month as confidence returned to share markets after a surprise interest rate cut and expectations of low interest rates remaining.
- Monthly FUM growth was 6%, from $21,905M in April to $23,162M by the end of May 2016.
- Broad market and sector ETFs were the best performers both locally and internationally.
- Australian property ETFs continue to lead on 12 month performance due to falling interest rates.
- The BetaShares Cash ETF (AAA) saw a rare month of outflows due to a surprise cut in interest rates.
- MarketVectors rebranded to its parent company name – VanEck to become VanEck Vectors.
- BetaShares launched 2 ETFs in a partnership with major USA-based issuer WisdomTree.