Our quarterly update on the Australian ETF market as at December 2016 and performance of the Stockspot portfolios.
ETF market highlights
- Quarterly FUM growth was +7%, from $23,971 million at the end of September to $25,291 million at the end of December 2016.
- Total ETF FUM has now reached the $25 billion milstone, including adding almost $4.3 billion in 2016.
- The top 5 ETFs for the past 12 months have all been resources focused, reversing a 5 year period of underperformance since 2010.
- After some US election volatility, Australian and global share ETFs showed steady inflows during November and December.
- Overall we have seen another positive quarter for ETF FUM growth and returns, continuing the steady drive forward of the Australian ETF market.
- Globally investors have put more money into ETFs than actively managed funds in 2016 for the 10th straight year.